- Most happily married
- Two confident daughters
- One classy dog
- One evil cat
- Coolest treehouse in town
- Mac not PC; Trek not Wars
- I don't care what kind of car I drive, just
so long as the top comes down.
At various times in my career, I have:
- Managed a team of SEO-trained journalists
building evergreen content that remains on the
first page of Google results for hundreds of
topic keywords highly relevant to the
- Supervised the breaking news team of a major
news website with more than one million
pageviews per day.
- Conceived, designed and produced dozens of
interactive online databases.
- Designed and assembled workflow databases to
manage complex projects.
- Planned and executed the production of an
NFL championship book that was ready to go to
press one day after the Super Bowl .
- Developed and authored an online
- Authored a daily local history blog.
- Directed a 14-person department with full
authority over hiring, firing, purchasing and
- Curated a collection of 500,000 historical
- Provided extensive research critical to the
success of a newspaper series whose author was
awarded the Pulitzer Prize.
- Co-authored and edited two history books,
including one on the centennial history of the
Indianapolis 500 Mile Race.
- Chaired a national organization and planned
a national conference.